- ALL activities -all classes, all sports, all practices, all extracurriculars--"everything" has been suspended until Tuesday, April 14, 2020. Beginning on Wednesday, March 18, no one is allowed on campus.
- According to Bishop Deshotel's directive we will plan to resume school on Tuesday, April 14, 2020. If your family has a previously scheduled trip during that time, which would normally be Easter break, your child will not be penalized for missing school.
- Online lessons will start on Monday, March 23 so that families may use this week to focus figuring out their work schedules, child care, and purchasing necessities. Our goal is to continue to provide instruction without adding any more anxiety than necessary to you, the parents.
- Weekly lessons will be posted on Sundays. Each grade will have a choice of activities to complete for the week. If it says that the activity is mandatory it MUST be completed in order to count. For K - 5th grade ELA, Math, and Religion lessons are Mandatory. For junior high students all core subjects (ELA, Math, Science, Social Studies, and Religion) are mandatory. Additional activities are provided if you choose. Your teacher will tell you how to submit lessons depending on the assignment and/or grade level.
- If you do not have internet service, Spectrum is offering it free for two months. Please contact the Office of Catholic Schools for information about Spectrum and any other internet companies who decide to offer similar plans. Their phone number is 337-261-5529. If you need printed lessons or packets please let your teacher know.
- I will be at school on Sundays from 11am to 12noon to hand out or pick up anything. You may drive by the gym and I will come to you "drive through" style.
- Acadia Parish is providing free lunches to ANY child under 18. You may drive by Church Point Elementary between 11:00am to 12:30pm beginning tomorrow, Wednesday, March 18 to pick up a bag lunch. This is available to all students in public, private, and charter schools regardless of if you typically receive free/reduced lunch or if you pay the full amount.
- Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. You may also reach Mrs. Genny Kirkpatrick with curriculum questions by email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please join me in prayer, asking for the intercession of Our Blessed Mother under Her title of Our Mother of Peace. We look forward to the graces and gifts God will provide for us during this trying time, confident in His Divine Love and Protection.
In the meantime....Ora et Labora...pray and work! Doing small things with great love is more important than ever!
In prayer and gratitude for your support,